Join BreadHead Nation
Stay up to date on all things DKB, and share your Killer creations!
Subscribe to the DKB Newsletter
Get first dibs on DKB news, new products, and cool stuff!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN BREADHEAD NATION
DKB on Twitter -
Meet Whitney, our BreadHead of the Month
"Driving-around-town playlist where I can belt it out in the car is ALL COUNTRY!"
- Song for Another Time — Old Dominion
- Kill a Word — Eric Church
- A Guy with a Girl — Blake Shelton
- Somebody Else Will — Justin Moore
- You Look Good In My Shirt — Keith Urban
"Workout playlist is ALL ABOUT THE BEAT!"
- Break Free — Ariana Grande
- Scream — Usher
- Livin' on a Prayer — Bon Jovi
- My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark — Fall Out Boy
- Greenlight — Pitbull
Meet Whitney Small, a group fitness instructor, personal trainer and online health and fitness coach with Team Beachbody. Hailing from the beautiful little town of San Luis Obispo, California, Whitney leads an adventurous life, listing the following as her "ALL TIME favorite things" in the world:
- Racing Ironman triathlons
- Fostering and re-homing homeless doggies
- Hiking in the outdoors (particularly Yosemite!)
- Cruising the back country roads on my pink scooter with my little sidekick pup Kona in my front pack
- Traveling to foreign countries
- Going to any live musical or theater production (Lion King on Broadway, 42nd Street, Oklahoma, etc)
- Having a nice night in with a healthy home cooked meal and catching up on the latest "Bachelor or Bachelorette" episode. (guilty pleasure!)
Wow, Whitney — keep on rocking life!
1. What’s your favorite DKB flavor and why?
Good Seed (without a doubt!!) The Good Seed Mix is out of this world! I was always one of those people that cut the crust off of my sandwiches but this was the FIRST CRUST where I actually save it for the end and the final bites because the flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds, are so PACKED with flavor and texture, that it makes it the PERFECT last bite! (Don't even get me started on the "end" pieces! They always seem to be the thickest AND they have the most seeds... I wish I could have an entire bag of just "end" aka "butt" slices!
2. Do you have a favorite recipe using DKB?
YES!!! I call it the IRONMAN SPECIAL! Two slices of Good Seed bread (preferably the end pieces)... lightly toasted... with sliced banana, almond butter, agave, and cinnamon! When I bust that sandwich out on a 75-100 mile bike ride, it tastes just like a maple bar donut and fuels me the entire ride! (I always finish it and wish I had more room in my jersey to have packed a second one!).
3. If you could have superhero powers, what would they be?
Teleportation without a doubt! I think about this every time that I want to pack more activities into my day! If I didn't have to spend time getting places, I feel like I could do soooooo many more amazing things in a day! Commuting from place to place seems like the biggest waste of time and it could be so capitalized on if teleportation existed!
4. What adjectives would your best friend use to describe you?
Driven yet care-free, adventurous, philanthropic, and spontaneous.
5. Have you ever been in a food fight?
OMG I wish! I watched "It Takes Two" on repeat as a child and wanted so badly to go to the summer camp that Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen went to, just so that I could be in the epic food fight that they have in that movie!
How do I become BreadHead of the Month, you ask?
Want to be BreadHead of the month and win a FREE DKB Gift Pack (T-shirt, hat, sticker, tote bag and free bread)!?!? Share your love for DKB via photo and comment on Facebook or Instagram!
The first week of each month we’ll select a BreadHead of the Month from the previous month’s posts on Facebook or Instagram. You will be notified by Facebook or Instagram comment and asked to submit a photo and answers to our 5 fun questions. By submitting your photo, you authorize Dave's Killer Bread to use your likeness on BreadHead of the Month features on our website, in social media and in our newsletter.
You will receive your prize shortly after you are featured.
FEED YOUR EYES (AND MOUTH, OF COURSE).
Check out all of our products in many delicious, mouthwatering recipe forms. Click the images below to enlarge, and then click the links to download desktop and mobile wallpapers. WARNING: MAY CAUSE HUNGER.
Love DKB? Show off your favorite flavor or recipe by clicking one of the personality tiles below and clicking the download link. Go ahead, make it your profile picture...you know you want to.