This recipe comes to us from Lee of Fit Foodie Finds
- 12 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 2 cups medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz mozerella balls
- 8 eggs, large
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coconut oil cooking spray
- fresh basil, to taste
- aged balsamic vinegar, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Make egg mixture by whisking together 8 large eggs, 1 cup almond milk, Italian seasoning and salt. Set aside.
- Slice 12 pieces of bread into thirds, turn 90º and slice into thirds again.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the casserole dish. Then, place half the mozzarella balls and half the tomatoes on top. Cover with remaining bread cubes and then top with the second half of the mozzarella balls and tomatoes.
- Evenly pour egg mixture on top of bread and use your hands to submerge bread into egg mixture completely. You want to make sure everything is moist!
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until the top layer of bread begins to turn golden brown.
- Let egg bake sit for 5-10 minutes before topping with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil.
- Slice and serve with aged balsamic vinegar.
Recipe makes 8 servings