This recipe comes to us from Melissa of The Faux Martha
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. organic mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- kosher salt to taste
- 3 slices of Dave's Killer Bread, White Done Right
- quick-pickled red onions
- celery stalk, thinly sliced
- chives, chopped
- mustard seeds
- Prepare the pickled onions by following this quick pickling recipe at least 30 minutes ahead of time or 2 weeks in advance. Halving the recipe will yield more than plenty.
- Steam eggs. It makes for the easiest peeling!
- Meanwhile stir together mayo, mustard, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Peel eggs, dice, and stir into mayo mixture to evenly coat.
- Toast bread. Top with egg salad. Sprinkle with pickled red onions, celery, chives, and mustard seeds (from the pickling juice). Serve immediately.