This recipe comes to us from Erin of The Almond Eater
- 4 pieces of Dave's Killer Bread, preferably the White Bread Done Right variety
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ block of brie cheese, thinly sliced*
- 4 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 tsp crushed dark chocolate (optional)
- 1 tsp sliced almonds (optional)
- Sprinkle of powdered sugar for topping (optional but recommended)
- Heat sliced strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. You want them to be softened, but not liquified. Once strawberries are soft, remove from saucepan.
- While strawberries are warming up, butter each piece of bread on 1 side and set aside.
- Place one piece of bread butter side down in a nonstick skillet.
- Top with half of the slices of brie cheese, almonds, dark chocolate, and half of the strawberries. Place another piece of bread butter side up overtop.
- Cook sandwich until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and repeat the process for the second sandwich.
- Sprinkle sandwich with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Notes: You may want more or less than ¼ block of cheese. Use your best judgment and use however much cheese you like on your sandwiches. Also, be patient with the cheese melting--brie cheese takes a bit longer to melt than most other cheeses.
Recipe makes 2 sandwiches