This recipe comes to us from Matt of Real Food by Dad
- 10 slices of Dave’s Killer Bread White Bread Done Right, crusts removed
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 cups of canola oil
- Take each piece of bread and smash it flat.
- Place 2 slices of pepperoni in the center of the bread layer with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Pull corners to the center, pinch edges together. Use your fingers or a brush and seal seam with egg.
- Place assembled pizza bomb seam side down. Repeat assembling, until all the pizza bombs are assembled.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat until a thermometer reads 350 degrees. Set a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Working in batches, drop pizza bombs into oil. Cook, turning once, until browned and puffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to rack with a slotted spoon. Let cool slightly. Serve warm with pizza sauce.
Recipe makes 10 Pizza Bombs