This recipe is brought to you by Erin of Naturally Ella
FOR THE ROOT VEGETABLES AND CROUTONS
- 4 cups 1/4" cubed mixed root vegetables (parsnips, rutabaga, turnips, carrots, celeriac, beets
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 4 slices Dave's 21 Whole Grain and Seed Bread
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cups baby or shredded lettuce
- Gorgonzola, for serving
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maples syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Prepare root vegetables as needed by peeling and cutting into 1/4" cubes. Toss the root vegetables with sliced shallots and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast until golden and tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Upon removing, toss with apple, peptias, and 2 teaspoons maple syrup.
- While the root vegetables are roasting, cube the bread and toss with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add to the oven with 15 or so minutes remaining of roasting the root vegetables. Bake until brown and crisp.
- Once the root vegetables and croutons are ready, assemble the salad. Place the greens in a large bowl and add the root vegetable mixture, croutons, and gorgonzola if using.
- In an airtight container, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and salt. Shake vigorously and pour over salad. Toss until well combined and serve.
Recipe makes 2 main meal salads